Monday, February 7, 2011

~These are the moments~

I am learning as a parent there are little moments in life that are worth pausing for.

As sad as it may seem sometimes it is just plain hard to stop folding the mounds of laundry, and sweeping the crumbs off the floor to admire the beauty of our children doing something .....or nothing. 

I know that one day I will miss these little feet that pitter patter across the house to wake me from my deep slumber.

I will miss the sweet little voice that ask for juice or milk a million times a day. 

I will miss wiping the little nose that seems to constantly run between the months of Dec and Feb!

I will miss the sweet little voice that sings praise and worship songs in the back seat of the car.

And I will for sure miss our crazy little bedtime routine that Ava has come up with!! .....it goes a little something like this....~butterflies, noses, kisses, hugs, sweets ( where she rubs our cheeks) , ears ( where she pulls our ears) and foreheads  ( where we rub our  foreheads together) ....and then kisses again! Whew!.....yes she does this everynight and has done so for about 1year or so! I am determined to get it on video one day soon to savor as a sweet memory. 




I will for sure miss watching these little hands put puzzles together.


I suppose I might even miss walking into Ava's room and finding surprises like this! 

Oh the joys of parenting!

3 comments:

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Sunshine is laughing at that last picture! So cute....because I didn't have to clean it up:).

Sweet words sister! We must remember these moments and savor every minute of it. Before we know it, we'll be planning weddings and be doing this all over again with grandbabies.

oh the thought makes my heart hurt!

love you!

Grace said...

Loved this post...and had similar thoughts the other day doing a mountain of laundry...thinking to myself that I should just let things slide for awhile and just enjoy being with my boys...and I did...so the laundry is just now getting put up! Love the pictures of your precious girl, and our sweet niece. She is such a blessing!

Love you all!
-Grace

Anonymous said...

i finally got mom to show me how to find your blog so now i can keep up with you guys!!!! hug ava for me
love uncle T