Thursday, January 27, 2011

Coming Along........

So like I said in a previous post, we are updating our kitchen cabinets. I will be honest with you, I am not sure if it is worth all of the work. Although I LOVE the results, it has been a long process and we are only half way done. Now mind you we have been working on it off and on, so maybe that is why we are not finished yet. It have a hang up about my kitchen being completely torn apart and no being able to cook. So we are doing sections at a time.


Now I am envisioning a white bead board backsplash, and some sort of granite countertops in the {hopefully} near future. Okay....I will admit after looking at the picture, it has been totally worth all of the elbow grease that the hubby and I have put into these beauties. And I must add, that most of the elbow grease has been my amazing and talented husbands.

Another thing that is coming right along in our household is this little dude.


Meet Blue. I know I know he is pretty adorable! I realized that I have not blogged about this little fellow, and he is completely blog worthy. I mean who can resist this face;
We have enjoyed adding this little guy to the family. My best friend Jalah is a breeder for these fabulous dogs. He is a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier. Yes he looks like a fur ball that would leave dog hair ALL OVER THE PLACE ( pet peeve of mine!) .....BUT he happens to not SHED! Love it!  He seriously has been the sweetest and easiest puppy that we have ever had!


And for those of you that I left hanging about this picture:



Okay I will tell you now. I went to a wonderful auction on Saturday and scored a shelf very similar to this one. I have had this photo bookmarked on my computer forever, because I love everything about it, especially the shelf. I love having pictures in my house and this provides the space to have lots of frames.  I will say that mine is wood and perhaps a little longer than this one.....swoon~~. You will have to wait to see pics of it because it is still sitting in my garage at the moment. I promise I will post pictures after we find a way to hang this monster on the wall. 

I hope you all are having a lovely day! 


2 comments:

Grace said...

You just kill me with your fabulous finds...can I put you to work for me...seriously! I am amassing my own inspiration photos, and I would love to have you hunt some stuff down for me! ;)

The cabinets look great too, btw! I love reading about what y'all are up too! Miss you guys and love you all lots!

Blessings, Grace

Gail said...

I really love the look of your cabinets...great job! I'd say it was worth it, but of course I didn't do all the work! Nevertheless, they're beautiful. :)