Monday, January 10, 2011

Craftiness

I have been on a quest lately to make Ava's hair accessories. I am learning as a mommy with a little girl, you can never have enough bows, headbands and clips!...........mainly because you will end up losing half of the ones you own. And because her little wardrobe is everchanging ....you will always need the right accessory to go with these new outfits!!! .......it is so tough being a girl!


I found a tutorial a while back to make these cute little flowers and I can't remember where I found it. I re-vamped it a little to make it smaller or larger and I played with the folds a bit to come up with the look that I like.






One of the main reasons I love making these is because they are quick and easy to make! ( and cheap!) I am all about crafts and DIY projects, but I will often weigh the benefits of making something versus buying something, based on how much time it will take to make it and how much all of the supplies will cost. I had all of these made in less than 45min. It is also a easy enough project, that interuptions by a certain sweet little 3yr old do not mess with my train of thought too much!!!

I am learning that Ava is a natural crafter.....:) She loves to sit along side me a make something similar to what mommy happens to be making. I really and truly adore this, but alot of crafts invole the glue gun.................that is why I let my 3yr old play with glue guns!!! Opps I just outed myself.



I found this handy dandy little glue gun that does not get super duper hot! She still has to be very careful. She has managed to touch some of the glue as she is working, and it has not seemed to bother her too much. I know that must sound terrible, but really I have touched the glue that comes out of this glue gun and I would consider it "a warm glue gun" rather than a "hot glue gun." 

She stayed so content working right beside me and she had a HUGE sense of accomplishment when she was done! 


I must say it turned out pretty cute!!! Mommy made a little finishing touch with the flower on top!! She got to wear her little masterpiece to school today for show and tell. And trust me she was all smiles!

My sweet Ava Joy mommy loves your little crafty hands and your creative little mind more than you will ever know! I hope you will continue to want to work right along side me in the years to come creating beautiful little masterpieces and memories. How much fun will that be!!! Love, Momma

Blessings!

Kayla

3 comments:

Judy said...

Kayla! I need to know how to do this. They are SO cute and I have three girls that can wear them. Any way you can share how you do this? I would love to see you do this in person and have you teach me! Seriously. I would love it. Mon & Wed my two oldest are in mother's day out. Could we get together? Facebook or email me! :)
Judy

Grace said...

I love the flower you made me to pin on jackets/sweaters and such. I get so many compliments on it too!!! ;)

Blessings, Grace

Gail said...

What fun you must have with your sweet girl! Love the cute headbands....very chic!