Sunday, January 9, 2011

{Baking a Mess}

Hello all. It seems we have had a case of the lazy days these past few days, and I fear that today will probably not be any more productive since it is cold and rainy out side. 


Yesterday I did however manage to let Ava do some baking with me. She {LOVES} to get in the kitchen and cook with me. I am trying to be better about this, and ignore the added  time it takes and the piles of flour that end up on the floor when she is helping me! 




Please excuse the missing cabinet doors in the background! They are currently recieveing a little overhaul! ......I am forever grateful for cabinet doors since I am living without them right now. They hide all of my junk very nicely. Although I would LOVE to have a few areas of open cabinetry to display some kitchen lovelies!

Yummy! I have finally found the best easy bread recipe! This is just a mix and throw together recipe. Love it for something quick and easy. Ava and David gobbled it right up with some homemade strawberry jam! ......I unfortunately got a "taste!".......I have yet to figure out why I cook things like this while I am eating no carbs. 



On another exciting note.......I will give you a sneak peak of our cabinets. They hubby and I have been working our fingers to the bone on our cabinets. I think we finally achieved the desired technique. What do you think?? Really I am seeking feedback on the cabinets! I did not realize how scary this process would be. The picture is not that great, but the after is Parchment ( off white) distressed look. As much as I {LOVE} stark white cabinets, I did not feel that they would have flowed very well with the rest of my house since my kitchen is open to my living area.

(The honey oak is the before)

Okay well I am off to maybe do some laundry! ......or maybe not?

4 comments:

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

yummy! that bread looks good.

and ava is an adorable little baker:)

love the cabinets. can't wait to see the final results! they are gonna look so great!

love you!

Gail said...

I think the cabinets look awesome! I like the finish you came up with. Looks great! Ava is such a cute little baker...how do you stand it?! ;)

Elizabeth said...

Your sweet baby girl is absolutely precious! She is growing up so fast!

Grace said...

Love the cabinets...and your adorable little baker girl!

Love y'all!
-Grace