Sunday, January 2, 2011

{Sweet} DReAmS

Hello folks! Wow! What a whirlwind the past few weeks have been. We had such a sweet December getting to see lots of family and friends. We have been off all week as a family, and it has been so nice to stay put and just be together. We only did one really productive thing while we were off, and that was paint and redo parts of Ava's room. ( more on that in another post)

 As I sit here reflecting on this past year, and thinking about what this next year may possibly hold for us as a family, and me individually, I feel encouraged, scared, and confused.

I feel encouraged knowing that no matter what we may endure this year God will see us through it. I also feel encouraged to know that the one thing I know for sure is,  I want my relationship with Him to grow into something more beautiful and intimate than I could ever imagine. At church this morning the pastor was talking about "resolutions." He said that as Christians our resolution should be " to know God and to make Him known." ........Yes it sounds plain and simple, but as I sat and thought about it, in the deepest depths of my soul there are parts of me that the Lord has not traveled to, and there is so much about my Heavenly Father that I have yet to discover. So this next year I will seek; purposefully pursue GOD and his love and mercy for me.

On another note I have a few sweet dreams about this next year. For those who know me personally or have followed my blog, you know I spend lots of time at various garage sales, estate sales and auctions. It is an addiction really. At these places I am surrounded by lots of very talented antique dealers and shop owners. It is a passion that I have found and {I love it.} I have always frequented these sales with the intent of purchasing something for my own house ( or my sisters house since it is a little harder for her to attend these sales.) I usually have my sweet mom right beside me .....shes my junkin' partner in crime. I always see lots and lots of things that are wonderful but I have no spot for them in my own house.....so I go on a "buyers diet" and don't buy them........BUT that is just it, there may not be room for these things in my house ......but somewhere in someone elses home it is the perfect piece!!!! Do you get where I am going with this yet???........So what if.....just dream with me here for a minute......I became one of those really cool junkin' people that we all read about on blogs who buys and sells stuff! I mean really I went to an auction yesterday and I passed up some really great deals that I could have bought and resold.......to be honest with you I have had this dream for a loooonnnnggggg time......i have just been too scared and intimidated to do anything with it. I mean really I could never be a cool as Miss Mustard Seed!!!! { Love} that lady...talk about super talented.

With all of that said, maybe, just maybe, this is the year to do something with this passion of mine!

 And all in all, I know it is not my timing or will that will make this happen, this has to be in the Lord's perfect timing and will for me. And you know what that is okay with me!!


And since I have this pet peeve of mine that I dislike blogs with no pictures in them......I will leave you with some pics of our sweet December.

Many blessings to you and yours in 2011.......now I am off to bed to have visions of painted dressers, vintage clocks, and piles of "junk" dance through my head.





Papa ( my grandpa) me and Ava at her school program

Ava and Grandma at her school

Cookin' with Nana

Sweet Cousins


Ava opening presents at Grandma and Pops.....I must add she is wearing one of my dresses from when I was a little girl! She insisted on wearing it......too cute!


More sweet cousins in Christmas jammies

oh and if you are reading this in Google reader, click on over to my blog and see my updated header! It's nothing too cute just some cute pics of sweet Ava Joy. 

2 comments:

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the new header. Seriously. What in the heck are we going to do with that beauty??

Love what you've resolved to be in 2011. That's always promising. God promises that if we draw near to Him, He WILL draw near to us. Beautiful!

Love that sweet lil' Ava and here's to hoping for a sweet sibling in 2011 for her:) hint, hint....ha!

Love you guys!

p.s. I clearly have no shame in notifying you dear sis that I have updated my blog, therefore you should give a sista a shout out when you update yours:)

The Farmers Nest said...

I encourage you to take on your passion. I know plenty of people..humm myself included that would be a customer of yours. You could even allow people to make a wish-list of things they are needing/wanting.