Monday, February 18, 2008

Six months and Beautiful



I can hardly believe that our baby girl is six months old! I guess time really does fly when you are having fun. Ava has brought so much happiness to our lives. I have learned so many things over the last six months. Here are a few of my reflections on being a mother:

1.) Children really do grow up way too fast!! I have always heard people say " you better enjoy every minute, because your children grow up before you know it." I have already witnessed this. It seems like yesterday we were preparing for this precious baby...and now she has been a part of out lives for six months!

2.) I do not remember my life with out her! It is true, once you have a baby, you cannot remember your life prior to children.

3.) Being a mother helps me better understand my heavenly fathers unconditional love for me!

The past six months have been full of many challenges, a few sleepless nights, but mostly full of happiness! It has been a great joy to share all of this with my amazing husband. He is a great father, husband and leader. Thanks honey!
It is amazing how much she has changed and accomplished the past six months. Ava is now eating foods. She loves sweet potatoes!! She is rolling all over the place and sitting up on her own. The other day she started drinking from a sippy cup! Big girl!

Here are some amazing pictures that my sister took of Ava. She is an amazing photographer. I am so thankful to have her to capture some of my most precious memeories.









11 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, what a big girl she is becoming...cherish every moment because they do grow up too fast..can't say enuf about how adorable and cute she is..grandma loves you AVA JOY..happy 6 mths.old..i'm am so proud of the GOD loving family the aldape's are becoming...thanks for giving me such a beautiful granddaughter..love grandma(mom)

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

I hope your 6 month b-day was better than my birthday! Ha!

Seriously, Ava is a gem! I can't say enough about what a precious little girl she is.

It is truly incredible to watch you mother her and love her. It is an awesome sight to see.

Love you sis!

Practically Ava said...

thanks mom and lyns for being my oh so faithful blog commentors!! You make it worth my while to keep on posting! Since it seems to take me a few days to complete a post! Love y'all!
Kayla

Anonymous said...

What a gift from God. She is a beautiful blessing to have!!! Time does fly, and it only gets faster. Enjoy your sweet little family!

Smile,
Katie

Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore Ava's pictures! I cannot wait to see you guys again...it has been SO LONG! I was really blessed to get to hear your voice TWICE this week! I love you Kay-Baby and I'm constantly amazed at how the Lord continues to grow you and your family! Give David a hug and Ava a kiss for me! Love you all!

Grace said...

Wow! It's hard to believe that Ava's already 6 months old! She is such a darling, and she's blessed to have you and David as parents! We love you, sweet Ava! Happy 6 months b-day!

Love, Tia and Tio

Jamye Aldape said...

Wow! Six months already. What a blessing she is and what a wonderful addition to the family. Thank you so much for keeping us up on A.J. from a distance.....the
pictures, the commentary, and the occasional talking to our granddaughter. She is such a happy baby - comes from loving parents who show love not only to her, but to each other. Hopefully dad (Papi) and I (Nana) will be able to go down for visit soon.
Love you A.J. and happy birthday.
Love all of you lots,
Mama (Nana)

Anonymous said...

Ava just keeps getting prettier and prettier (if that's even possible)! Hope we get to see Miss Ava and her mom and dad, too, very soon! By the way, Kay Baby, I love your blog. Tell Lynsey that her photography is beautiful-as always! We love you and miss you!

Jamie said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Not that we are telling you anything new right?!
I can't believe she is already 6 months! Time has just FLOWN by!!
We miss you guys so much, and hope to see y'all soon!!
Love
Erick & Jamie

Grace said...

Kayla, I shared your blog with my Mom who then shared it with my sister, Gwen. They both think that Ava is the most adorable little girl. My mom has been encouraged by your posts, and the love that you have for the Lord. You've been an inspiration for her and for Gwen too. Love y'all!

Kramer said...

Man she is cute. I had a great time having yall out at the farm. Now with spring coming close, I can put David to work. Ha Ha. I feel like that is all I do is work him when he comes over. Thanks David