Monday, February 25, 2008

Domestic Detergent

This weekend I made my own laundry detergent! I was a little questionable about this, because I am very picky about my laundry detergent... I was currenty using Tide liquid pure essentials, which can be some high dollar stuff with the amout of laundry that seems to accumulate around my house! I knew there had to be a better way, and I wanted to discover that before I am washing clothes for a possible family of 5 or six!!! Thanks to a very wise woman ( my sister ) she had the answer for me!!!

My sister has been very inspiring to me about finding ways to save money on house hold products, as well as informing me about the toxins that are in the everyday products that we are using. I have adopted many of my sisters "ways of life," and I am loving the results!

I must say I was very impressed with this detergent! My clothes looked clean, felt soft and my whites were amazingly white! Way to go Lyns! You are billiant.

To check out more info in this and to see the recipie for the detergent click HERE

4 comments:

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Thanks Sis! I'm glad that you loved it. You are quite the domestic diva yourself.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

super kay-baby...did you use the ivory soap also...did you use your food processor...you girls' are doing good about trying not use all the toxins and stuff nowadays...you know how i have always felt about my name brand stuff..and you've heard me complain the last 5 yrs. or so...it has all changed on how they make up the stuff...but you know my answer..out sourced it all to mexico or china..and neither of these 2 countries cares about the good ole' USA...poisoning us with lead, formaldyhde,ect...love you mom

Kramer said...

Sandy, you are funny. Starting to sound like my views on the US Govt.

Kayla, way to go. Pretty soon we'll have yall moved to Brenham and yall can be totally in the hippie movement. All natural all the time. I think that is how people view us at times, especially because 2 years ago we didn't care about this kind of stuff. But there is too much informing material to plead ignorance anymore. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.