Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Greatest Commandment

"So chosen by God for this new life of LOVE, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, WEAR LOVE. It's your basic, all purpose garment. NEVER be without it. "
Colossians 3:12-14 taken from The Message

Since today is Valentines Day I am evaluating how I am loving the people in my life.

Am I putting them before myself???
God calls us to "submit to one another out of reverence to Christ" ( Eph 5:21) Submit, meaning to put others before ourselves.

If I love God then I should love others in a Christ like way. Meaning forgiving others as fast as I have been forgiven, putting others before myself, not holding grudges( lev 19:18) etc.
The best way to share Jesus with people is loving them like Christ!!!!

We are told that "where your treasure is there your heart will be also," matt 6:21 So if we love God with all our heart then the things we treasure should reflect Christ.
I feel so much conviction in my life about the issue of materlism. Am I living for the temporary or am I living for what is eternal???

It is so easy to get side tracked on what really matters...... God does not care how cute my house is, if I am wearing the lastest fashion, if my house is spotless, etc.

In the end what matters is ....did I live my life in a way that was pleasing to the Lord.

With all of that said.... how are we suppose to Love other people when ...they get on our nerves, they have a difference of opinion, they have different political views, they hurt us, whatever the reason maybe.....it is easy! The supernatural work of Jesus in us allows us to love others.


Happy Valentines Day!!!

Here are some pictures of the Loves of my life!!!!!


















Thanks for my Valentine outfit Nana!!!!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love one another..Jn.13:34..what blessings i received reading your true to heartful loving blog today.. sweet k-baby..how blessed we are to be so loved by our heavenly Father..and also by our precious children and great husbands GOD has blessed us with...she is such a cutie..just a little doll...love to all...grandma(momma)GOD is LOVE

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Preach it sista!

I heard something that the Lord used to strike a heart string. I was listening to a pastor on the radio and he said,"that when we are in heaven our faith will then become seen, our hope will then become a reality, but our love will continue. We will rejoice in love for all eternity in heaven and never lose love for our Savior."

He was referring to,"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Cor 13:12-13.

I thought that was an incredible way to put it. Love should be the cry of our hearts. To LOVE Him with all of our hearts and to LOVE our neighbors as ourselves.

LOVE ya!
Lyns

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Seriously. Ava is GORGEOUS! She deserves her very own comment just for being cute!

Karen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! We should for sure get together since we live so close! And I agree that AVA is so BEAUTIFUL!

Grace said...

Kayla, you are so right in what your wrote on your blog. Way to speak God's truth to us! Ava is ADORABLE! I really love the picture of you and her together. You two are so beautiful! Tell David that Aaron likes the facial hair! We love you guys!

Love, Grace