Saturday, February 2, 2008

..Light unto my path....

Today as I was in Ava's room changing her diaper( a blowout) , my ever surprising husband walks into the room and says "come into the bathroom and look what I did."



As a sweet and wise wife I replied " okay let me finish this, and I will be there in a minute."



As I am finishing the diaper change, I had some very interesting thoughts but mostly fears running through my head, and I think I repeated the phrase " come into the bathroom and look what I did" about 4 times!



If my husband were 25 years younger ( yes he is 30!) I would have been in a mad rush to put on some gloves and a mask, and probably find a fire extinguisher. Needless to say I was very nervous.



As I start my treck across the house, I am wondering, if what I am about to encounter is as atrocious as the present Ava had just left for me.



Upon entering the bathroom, all things seemed to be in their place, and I was still able to breath throug my nose, if you know what I mean ....BUT I did notice something strange. There was more light than normal. I walked a little further to figure out where the light was coming from, THIS is what I found....







Yes folks, this is a lamp on top of the cabinets above our toilet!



You see, my husband shaves while he is in the shower and he aparently got tired of not having enough light.



I always knew it botherd him that there was not a light on this end of the bathroom, but I never thought he would go to these extremes to put one there. I guess learning to do some electrical work is in out future!!!!



Oh how I love my husband. He keeps my life interesting.



Since this blog is suppose to be about Ava here a some news pics of her.






She is learning to sit on her own!!



Sweet daddy time!

6 comments:

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Wow, David. Wow. I don't even know what to say to this other than, my sister is a good woman for letting the lamp stay.

And Ava. You get cuter and cuter by the second.....if that is even possible.

Love you!

p.s. get used to me being the first commentor on your blog. I'm a subscriber.....how nifty

Judy said...

Love Ava's pjs!! Those are my favorite on Sadie! She is growing out of them though. :( They grow so fast!
Judy

Anonymous said...

Oh the things our husbands come up with. That's awesome! haha

Ava is so beautiful! And still so tiny..I love it! I hope our little guy stays small too.

Grace said...

I love this post, and can relate to your fear of seeing what David "did" in the bathroom! Hehe! Thank goodness it was just putting up a lamp!

Ava is so cute, and I love the pics! Too adorable, as usual!

We love y'all!

Anonymous said...

what a BRIGHT idea from david to give himself more LIGHT in his throne i mean bathroom ...hope this helps him to wash himself so BRIGHT with his new LIGHT...love my cute ava joy...read to her often daddy...all kid's love it...love grandma

Anonymous said...

oh how precious! I always knew Davis was nifty! Ava is indeed growing cuter and cuter...I can't wait to get to see her and you guys again! love you!