Monday, March 3, 2008

Talking and Teething

Ava has changed so much within the last few weeks! She had her six month Dr's appointment a few weeks ago and she weighed a whopping 14.6 lbs!! She is such a little petite girl. The Dr said she is growing just fine and is right on schedule.

Yesterday I felt in her mouth before leaving for church and I felt a tooth! I knew she was teething, because, well being a dental hygienist I knew what to look for. I knew it would not be long before she had a tooth. You would never guess she is teething because she is still laughing and smiling. She is such a sweet and happy baby.

As for the talking part...well she just comes by that naturally thanks to her daddy!
The other day I was feeding Ava in her room and in walks David. She looked up at him and in the sweetest little whisper voice said "Da." She has since done this several times when she sees her daddy. I love that my little girl already has a special place in her heart for her daddy. There is just something so special about a father and daughter relationship. David is so proud of his little "princess."

We can't wait to see whats next on our parenting journey!

6 comments:

Jamye Aldape said...

Papi and I cannot wait to come and visit the 3 of you. How wonderful to see the stages of growth from the "sidelines", so to speak, as a grandparent. What a blessing. We love you all.
Mama/Nana

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Sweet Ava has a tooth! Next, she will be chatting our ears off......like someone else I know. HA!

She is so sweet and perfect! I couldn't believe that precious one said 'Da' the other day and looked right at David.

She is a pretty smart cookie....I guess she takes after her Auntie Lyns. Ha! Yeah right!

Love ya!

p.s. I still don't know what I'm calling myself. I think I will just let Ava come up with something next month when she starts talking in full sentences. Yep.

Anonymous said...

precious she is..thank GOD for helping our little angel, ava get her 1st tooth without much trouble..has momma tried to brush it yet..being that you are the dental hygenists..ha-ha...let her call "da" all she wants for now...the time will come when "momma" will be said out loud enuf...love that ava joy...grandma(momma)

Grace said...

How precious! I can only imagine how hearing "Da" must light up David's heart. Amazing! We love y'all and can't wait for the next chance we get to see you guys...who knows, maybe by then we'll have our own little one! I'm so glad that our kids will be each others cousins! Can't wait for those cousin play dates!

Anonymous said...

Oh my how my sweet little Ava Joy has grown! I cannot wait to see and HEAR my Ava Joy! I also cannot wait to see her parents...ugh, this whole three hours away thing isn't working for me! I love you guys very much.

Love,

Auntie J

Kramer said...

David get ready to be wrapped around Ava's finger. I can't imagine having anything other than girls but won't be upset next time if I get that elusive boy. What a good dad you are.