Saturday, April 21, 2012

:: Crib Mobile ::

As nesting is in full swing over here, I came up with a solution of what to hang over this precious little girls crib without having to settle for a cheesy store bought mobile!

 I have to admit I did not come up with this idea all on my own. I saw a version of this ( a much more expensive 110.00 version)  while visiting some antique shops last weekend! As soon as I saw it, I thought to myself, " I could totally make that!" .........Don't you just love it when that idea pops into your head, and then really you only end up making about 10% of the stuff you say you are going to make! But I just knew that this was my solution for a crib mobile.



The large one will hang over the crib. The small one was made by Ava! This was by far one of my most favorite craft times that I have had with my little girl. She awoke from her nap to see me working on my creation, and decided that she wanted to make one for her baby sister's room too. I just so happened to have a spare little lamp sitting in the garage that was perfect! ( I actually intend to use the small one that Ava made as a little lamp for the room, that will be perfect for nighttime nursing sessions!)

We sat side by side with praise and worship music playing, crafting our little hearts out. I highly recommend this craft for little ones! She did this completely on her own, with the exception of me cutting the fabric strips. As long as they can tie a knot and thread button on some string they can handle this! 

I know this may not be everyone's style, but I love how they turned out!


....On another note I scored something that I happen to just be smitten over thanks to THIS awesome gal! Thanks Robin!


We are in the process of making a school room/area for Ava as she starts Kindergarten in Aug. No we are not homeschooling, however the school that she will go to is half day, so there is still some school work that we will practice from home.

I can't wait till we get this area done and the chalk board moved into the house, rather than the garage. 

Happy Saturday! We are heading outside to enjoy this beautiful day.


3 comments:

Gail said...

Cute Kayla! I can totally relate to saying I'll make something myself and not actually doing most of them....the down side of being a crafter I guess. You just can't do it all! Cute mobile though....way to follow through in your idea! On a separate note, Grace showed me your birth annoucement for your upcoming little bundle o joy. ;) Beautiful name! God bless!

Hugs,
Gail

The Farmers Nest said...

I'm so excited that you got your chalkboard! I think it looks just perfect! I love the mobile idea too. I can't wait to see how the girls rooms come together.

Grace said...

So sweet! I love the mobile/lamp and they will be precious in the nursery! Awesome chalkboard too, btw! Amazing!

Love y'all!

-Grace