Wednesday, March 23, 2011

going {{GREEN}}

In my efforts to surround my home with more natural products ( ....a little bit at a time...)  I decided to begin a quest of adding more green to my home decor by using live plants.  I took a little trip to Lowes the other day and this is what I mustered up.



It is almost like plants bring a breath of fresh air to the room. And not to mention the texture that they add. 



I have also fallen in love with this beautiful moss that I picked up a while ago at HL. The possibilities with this stuff are endless. I love the subtle pop of color it gives. 


On another note I purchased this awesome Hymnal the other day, and I am having a little problem!!! ....I originally bought this little beauty because I have seen some pretty cute ideas out there using the pages from a hymn book........BUT I can not bring myself to tear the pages out.  So here it sits. 




And for my favorite type of green .....who can resist these precious little wild onion flowers ( weeds )  picked by a certain sweet little three year old.

3 comments:

Grace said...

Love all the green...especially those "flowers" from your little sweetie!

Love y'all!

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

love the greens. so cute.

also, make photocopies of the hymnal pages you want to use. that way you can age them and use them however you want.

Love YOU!

Anonymous said...

Kayla,
Love the plants and the way you potted them-- I hope you have your dad's green thumb!
I agree with Lynsey make copies of the hymns- maybe some that were favorites of both grandma's and such- print them on very good paper and then age them with brewed tea..

Love You Lots!!
Aunt Terri