Monday, August 23, 2010

{Three}

Well it happened my little girl turned {3}.....I can't believe it! It seems as if a transformation took place overnight. She woke up on Friday, her actual birthday, and she was a different more independent little girl.

We enjoyed the day on Friday as a family doing all things Ava! Tea parties, baby dolls, drawing, and eating pancakes! Here she is blowing out candles on her pancakes.




  She was so excited when she opened her Dora shoes! I had to have a come to Jesus meeting with myself before I bought these. She saw these at the store the other day when we were shoe shopping. I was insistent on buying her the Twinkle toes sketchers shoes, and she wanted the Dora shoes. So like a good mommy I went back and got them for her birthday. It was worth the look on her face when she opened them.

Saturday we had a small family birthday party for Ava at our house. It wasn't anything too fussy just a nice family gathering. And I have to brag for a minute, David smoked the best brisket I have ever eaten! It was melt in your mouth good! I guess it was worth him waking up at 3:00 AM to put it on the pit. Anyhow, we had a great time with family celebrating Ava's {three} precious years.





Happy Birthday Ava Joy! What a JOY and blessing you have been to your mommy and daddy, and to everyone around you! Our prayer is that the Lord will use your soft sweet spirit to do amazing things for Him! We love you precious one!


.......I must say that this has been an emotional birthday for me! I am not sure why, I think it is just the combination of her being {three} and the fact that she is starting pre-school tomorrow! It has just been hard for me to grasp all of these changes at once. We went to meet the teacher tonight, and it was sweet confirmation that we have made the right decision to put her in pre-school. She loved it! She sat down immediately and started coloring and talking to her teacher. I almost cried when her teacher asked her what her name was .....she so confidently and proudly said " Ava!"

So it has finally happened folks' ................she is a big girl! ( but still only weighing in at 28lbs! .....so see she really isn't that big!!! )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you LORD for such a precious little girl..already 3, just doesn't seem possible but she is ready to be 3 and go to school..she is so smart and mature for her age and what a fast learner..the party was GREAT..david and you have done a wonderful job on my precious grand daughter Ava Joy Aldape..GOD is in control and it shows in your wonderful family..love grandma..mom

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

The party was perfectly wonderful! I want some more cake too!

Ava, you were a terrific 2 year old and now you are a precious 3 year old! We love you so much!