Wednesday, February 24, 2010

{Simplicity}




For such as small word, this word is something that can be very complicated!

I have been seeking {simplicity} in my life.

Not that my life is overly stressful....but I think we all have room to {simplify}

So what would {simplicity} look like in my life?

Would it clean out my purse removing all of the spilt raisins from snacks bags, or sort through crinkled receipts?

Would it cross off afternoons of running "errands?"

Would it mean organizing or not organizing ALL of the pics on my computer? ( because it is getting on my nerves that I do not have a very good picture "system")

I am not sure!

Well I read something the other day that was encouraging, and it helped shed some light on this whole {simplicity} thing!


Simplicity does not just happen.
Simplicity has to be sought.
Sometimes it's found by saying "no"- by realizing that a night home isn't always a concession to selfishness but a much needed time to be still, to slow down. Sometimes it's found by saying "yes" - by making the brave decision to take control of the things in your schedule that are robbing you from the peace of doing less, thanks to the option of doing everything.


At times God helps us succeed in bringing order into our lives, and sweet simplicity follows.Yet when order has disintegrated into near chaos, he can show us - if we will let him- how to rescue simplicity from the jaws of runaway activity.


Simplicity is his promise.... a peace he reserves not only for those who appear to have it all together, but for those of us who just seem to have it all to do.


So true and so encouraging!


" Come to Me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yolk upon you  and learn from Me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew11:28-29


"Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the worlds gives. Your heart must not be troubled or fearful." John 14:27



So I am praying for God to teach me what {simplicity} looks like in my life!

2 comments:

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

simplify.....good stuff. thanks for sharing!

i think its really hard to live a life of simplicity in america. honestly. i know it can be done- anything can be done by the power of the Holy Spirit. We are constantly being bombarded by things that we think we "need" or things we think we need to "do".

thanks for sharing your heart. love you bunches. sis

p.s. my word verification below says "untent" which i'm defining as the opposite of "content"....something I struggle deeply with.

Grace said...

Great post. I would love that in my life too...things seem way too complicated some days, and our life never seems "normal"...but I guess it's all about perspective, and like you said, finding simplicity in my own life, which will look different than it does in someone else's life. Love you, sweet Kayla!

Blessings, Grace

P.S. I can relate to your sister's "untent" comment too...how can I struggle with that and want things to by simpler at the same time???!