Tuesday, January 12, 2010

{NeW}


In almost 2 short weeks our lives are going to change.

They will change in a way we have been waiting for,
for a very long time.



My husband will graduate from the Houston Fire Academy, and begin his career as a Houston Firefighter/EMT. I cannot tell you how proud I am of this man. Any man that finishes a college degree and graduates from a Fire Academy practically in the same year is a HERO!! My hero!...(all the while upholding his duties as husband and father)

I cannot believe this day has finally come.

The day that NEITHER one of us are in school, the day where we can "settle" down and focus on just life....our life...our families life! How exciting.

This has not come easy, as we have experienced many ups and downs along the way.....but needless to say WE HAVE ARRIVED..only to bring GLORY to God because none of this would be made possible with out him.

So now what?

I am not sure .....I guess that is what I am struggling with, I am struggling to find my JOY in all of this!

Have you ever felt just plum disoriented with life??? .........

I know I am probably piddling in my own pitty...so forgive me for a minute.

But if you are not aware of our living situation...we are not in our own home. Meaning we rented out our house to get us through this journey that was full of many unknowns, and now we have until August to be back in the comfort of our own home......So we are living with my parents!.....It is not terribly bad, it is just not our home.

I am struggling with this newness of our life, because I have waited for this day for a long long time...to feel "settled"......but really I still feel so unsettled.

All of that to say.....I know that the Devil is just trying to steal my JOY! I mean don't get me wrong, I am so happy for my husband BUT why coundn't this have worked out better.... my way...like the way I always dreamed it would be.

Lord forgive me.....I am selfish and in need of a savior!......Thank you Jesus!

I wish I had some fancy words for you on how I have overcome all of this....but I don't! My heart is aching for what I longed for! ( selfish I know!)............BUT I can tell you that I am praying against all of this.....I know that I have plenty to be Thankful for.




We love you Daddy!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY..VERY..PROUD of ALL of the ALDAPES'.so glad we could open up our home for your sweet family..and what a "joy" for this mom & grandma having son-in-law, daughter & granddaughter at my house every day..how blessed it has been for my heart..praying for you to have a "happy" heart from our "GOD", as ava would say..love mom(grandma)

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

so proud of you Uncle David!!! Seriously...college and the fire academy. WOW!

being content is always a struggle. and one that i so often fail at finding too. and i've seen this ugly sin rear its ugly head in my 5 yr old....uggghhhh!

true contentment, i think, is a condition of the heart. not a condition of your environment. i've had to pray "Lord, change ME, MY heart, and make me more like you." Instead, of change my circumstances.

i'm so happy about the changes ahead and the road up ahead for you guys. The Lord has brought you this far and He will be faithful to continue walking you through it. Keep trusting Him and be watchful for what it is He is trying to show you and teach you. These things that are stirring in your heart are there for a reason.

We love you guys so very much. Its beautiful to see the Lord moving in your family.

Sunshine:)

xoxoxoxo for ava

Gail said...

Kayla,

Your honesty about all that is going on is refreshing....thank you. I know that not feeling like you are "home" can really put you in a whirl...Matthew & I have moved a lot since we got married (and are about to again!) and it always "messes" with me. I just want to feel settled! But at the same time I know that every change I encounter the Lord is there to encounter it with me & through me...and that He is trying to bring me back to the fact that HE can be "home" to me..wherever I am.

God bless,

Gail

Grace said...

Way to go, David...and you too, Kayla, for being a supportive and loving wife! We are so proud of David, and we can really see how God has been leading him in his (and y'all's) life. What a wonderful husband you have...and Ava is blessed to have such a great daddy!

Can't wait to see y'all soon!
Love, Grace

Kirby said...

Yea, we're so happy for you, David!

It was so good to see you guys last week! I didn't think it was possible, but Ava is just getting more and more beautiful!

Kayla, thank you for your precious response and invaluable insight...it brings greater perspective to our silly complaining. Thank you, thank you, thank you.