Saturday, December 12, 2009

{:Bounty of Birdies and Such!:}

Today on this cold and rainy day, my sweet husband and I ventured out to a few garage sales. Our initial destination was a garage sale listing that said they would have a bunch of vintage pocket knives, needless to say that was a flop!......After all thats the story of garage sailing, you win some and you lose some!!!

But I was determined to not let our Saturday quest go to waste. We ventured around the corner to find another sale going on. I was pleased with the few little treasures that I walked away with.


A cute little mirror display with three little birdie votive holders.( whole set for $3.00) This had a cute whimsical feel to it, and it satisfied my love for birds. Not sure if I will keep these or if they will make in into my give as a gift bounty!










I almost passed up this old brush and comb set, until my husband said, " that is real silver you need to get these. " After I purchased these for 5.00 I fell in love with the thought of them one day adorning a vanity in Ava's room.




Hope you are all having a great Saturday and enjoying the Christmas Spirit!!!

Blessings!

4 comments:

Grace @ Ruby Moon Designs said...

Wonderful treasures! I especially love the birdie votives...I actually have the same exact ones in my home!

-Grace

Kayla said...

I thought these little birds looked familiar!!! I guess we both have good taste!
Kaly

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

how cute! love the bird votives. those are def keepers!!

love you!

Gail said...

I too love the birdies...but that comb set is really fabulous, too! I like your idea of resting it on a vanity someday in Ava's room...sweet. :)

-Gail