Sunday, November 8, 2009

A new fashion statement!

This weekend I did something that I NEVER thought that I would do...............................


I went hunting with David and I wore camo!! What is this world coming to! ...And I have to admit I had a great time. David and I usually have fun together no matter what we are doing, as long as we are together, but I never saw this day coming NEVER! I was raised with a dad who is an avid hunter....I mean like camo is his favorite color, and I never had an interest in any of this growing up, but I guess it is different with my husband. I am learning to take interest in some of the things he likes. He is so great doing ALOT of things that I like, so this was the least that I could do for him.

There was just something magical about sitting in the woods with my husband with no other distractions enjoying the peace and quiet of nature. Really it was magical. I brought along "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore ( wonderful book!), to read while we waited for our bounty. Let me just make this clear.......I just go along to SIT with him and give him support and company! I am acutally scared of shooting guns! ( although I would love to learn to bow hunt one day!)

We didn't gain any bounty BUT I think all in all we gained some great quality time together. We got to enjoy a sunset and a sun rise. Yes, that is right a sun set AND a sun rise. Not only did we go hunting once we went TWICE! ( only for a few hours each time!)

Thanks babe for letting me experience this piece of your world with you, I really had a blast!!!

5 comments:

Practically Ava said...

Kayal you really were a trooper, from the trying on of the "ladies camo" to the onslaught of annoying mosquitoes. I did and do appreciate the fact that you were willing to try the hunting experience with me. I enjoyed the time spent together from the sunset and sunrise, to witnessing your excitement when you spotted a deer, and especially our whispered conversations. I love you so much, and loved spending this time with you. I look forward to future hunting trips shared with each other and our kids.

Practically Ava said...

sorry guys this was my very first post and I fat fingered my wife's name. I do know how to spell her name "Kayla". Also these comments are From
Your Grateful Husband

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Oh how fun! First off, that is a great picture of you two. Really cute!

You are a good woman! How fun to just sit in the woods with your man and read a good Beth Moore book...bliss:)

Love the pic! Oh, and I'm waiting on a post about the "treasures" you found!

Love ya,
Sunshine

p.s. I'm totally digging this background. Super cute.

Grace @ Ruby Moon Designs said...

How fun! Kayla, you never cease to amaze me---you are a real woman's woman! You can do everything! I bet that David felt very loved by your willingness to go hunting! Can't wait to see y'all in a couple of weeks!!!

-Grace

Anonymous said...

what a real trooper your are ...david truly was as happy going hunting with you as he would have been heading out with a bunch of men..probably happier...how cute you both are in your matching camo...love mom