Friday, October 16, 2009

Taking time......

...to look back and remember some of the memories of our home! ......This season is such a hard season for me to not be in our house. ....This is the time of year when my projects that I have been procrastinating on usually get done, and not to mention all of the decorations that come along with fall. So what is a girl like me to do without her own house......get over it I guess!

No really, this season of life has really taught me a lot about me and my home. Basically, I was downright obsessed with making it beautiful, and never took the time to realize the beauty of my home beyond the "decor" ....the memories, and the life that was happening inside my home. I am totally not saying that making a home beautiful is wrong. I think it is great for women to make a beautiful and functional place for their family. But like The Nester says, "it does not have to be perfect to be beautiful!"

So, today I am remembering some of the memories that happened in our home before we moved out!


Nana reading to Ava after her bath.



Ava outside helping Daddy with yard work.



Ava reading in her bed like a big girl.



Ava with Grandma, Nana, Great-grandma Evelyn, and Abuelita.



Me and mom at David's graduation party.



David trying out his fire gear for the first time.


I hope you all are having a great fall season! ......As for us we are going to continue to make some beautiful memories during our stay at Grandma and Pops' house! I know that it will not be long until we are back in our little house!

By the way I landed some beautiful treasures this weekend ......so I will post some pictures soon! One is waiting for a new coat of stain.

1 comments:

Grace said...

Kayla, your words said what I've been feeling in my heart for a while. It is so easy to get caught up in the whirlwind of creating/making/decorating that I forget to enjoy what is going on inside my own home. I get so excited about making a new little something for my house, and tend to rush through my daily "requirements" in order to make whatever it is that I am so anxious to finish. In the meantime, meals don't get as much thought, the dog sometimes has to wait to get fed, etc. Thanks for the reminder to enjoy what it means to be home...not necessarily a perfectly decorated house with all projects completed, but a place where love is shared and memories are made. I loved the look back through some of your memories at your home.