Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Thrifty Day!

Yesterday I got to go on one of my treasure hunting adventures. David and I ventured out to the small town of Rockdale, Texas. There they were having a "city wide garage sale." We got to do this without our little Ava in tow. Thanks to my mom. Don't get me wrong I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, to be with Ava but garage sales and two yr olds don't exactly mix very well. Although, she has been on her fair share of thrifting adventures with me.

Besides getting to add to my collection of treasures, the greatest treasure was getting to enjoy my husbands great company. I love that we can do these things together and just enjoy the beauty of being together anywhere, ....even looking through a bunch of junk....and we saw plenty of that. The things people try to sale, and the things people will buy never fails to amaze me.

Anyway, I must say I am very pleased with the treasures that we found!

I was able to walk away with a beautiful antique wicker table with a beautiful solid wood top for only $15.00. I knew this table was gem when I saw it. I can just imagine it on a future back patio, or in a sunroom.... I will have one of these one day!

I also got two marvelous gold frames. I have been on a quest to find some of these! I have a beautiful bronze "A" that will look beautiful in the center of one of these. I paid only $5.00 for the large ones and the smaller one I got for free. Can't beat that!

I picked up a few mason jars for $1.00....these will look stunning with some fresh cut flowers in them....I am thinking hydrangeas. ......And last but not least, I got an old jug that has been converted into a lamp. ( the cord just needs to be pulled back through and the top screwed back on.) This was my most expensive purchase of the day ringing in at $20.00, paired with the small frame. I tried to barter the price down but the seller was not budging, so I gave in a paid $20.00. The jug itself is probably worth around $50.00-$75.00. ( i need to do some research on the markings!)

I can't wait to use these treasures in our home......when we move back in! Until then they will be tucked away safely in our storage unit.

Hope you enjoyed!

2 comments:

Grace said...

Beautiful stuff! What a fun way to spend time with David!

Anonymous said...

I love that table!
I am so glad you ar having the time to spend with Ava and David-
Enjoy!!!
Love and Kisses!
Aunt Terri