Sunday, February 8, 2009

Oh how I have missed these........




Last week a terrible, awful, horrible thing happened in our home.

We got a visit from the awful stomach bug that is apparently making it's way around Bryan/College Station.

The "bug" started it's awful vengeance on my precious Ava. We were not sure at first if this was a true stomach virus, or a side- effect from the old milk cup that Ava found that night. ( I know disgusting, from what I hear this is normal and will happen at least once to every child!)

Ava started throwing up that night, and from then on it was AWFUL!!! For those of you that have experienced a 18 month old with a stomach virus, you know what I mean. There is no warning when to expect the next " episode." I had the couches covered with towels, and had given up on changing my clothes after the four time. I really think there needs to be a 24 hour help line for mothers who are dealing with puking kids, because I was on the verge of tears. I had one, and it was my sister! Thanks Lyns!

After 24 hours we survived and Ava stopped puking, BUT now we were dealing with some pretty scary dehydration issues. Like no wet diaper for over 24 hours. Yes, this mama was freaking out, and thinking the worst ...like... oh my gosh her kidney's are shutting down.

Friday morning we got the wet diaper we were waiting for, and I am telling you the scent of a soiled diaper never smelt so good.

IT DOES NOT STOP THERE THOUGH....

After Ava was all well and good.....I ended up with the awful bug! David ended up escaping this thing.

We have now all re cooperated and are well!

I have spent the last few days wiping everything that the little "bug" could have attached itself to in my house. I forgot how addicting these wipes are.

A few months ago, I quit using cleaners with harmful chemicals in them,and started using more natural homemade cleaners! And my house has never felt cleaner and fresher! ( see my sisters amazing recipes on her blog www.yonderwayfarm.blogspot.com )

BUT after having this terrible visitor, I needed a peace of mind that the creature was GONE! ( and these wipes kill EVERYTHING..probably including brain cells! )

To those of you who had an encounter with this visitor as well, congratulations for surviving, and to those of you who are next on the list May God Bless you.

3 comments:

Grace said...

Oh, poor precious Ava...and you too! I feel for you. We have yet to experience the "bug" although Johnathan has puked on us as a reaction to some of his meds that he didn't like, but still, not like 24 hours straight of it like you guys. I'm glad that y'all are over it now, and I understand your need to kill those boogers with the wipes...I'm still clinging to a canister that I have left-over that I use in the bathroom...once that's done though, I'll be using all the recipes that I got from your sister's blog which I've already started using in the kitchen. Anyways, sorry for the rambling, but I am glad that y'all are feeling better, and you'll be the 1-800-Mommy-Needs-Help number that I call if we ever get attacked by the tummy bug! Love you all!

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Awe man! There is nothing more terrible than a baby throwing up. Its so sad! I'm so glad that the Aldape home is on he road to recovery.

Love you guys!
Sunshine

Anonymous said...

so thanksful all is returning to normal...but be real careful...still a record number of kid's out with this stomach bug...love to all mom(grandma)