Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pumpkins and Pigtails


This is by far my FAVORITE time of year! It must be the colors that make me like this time of year. I love the months of October, November and December. This is the time of year when my wonderful husband is climbing in and out of the attic for me pulling out my decorations.
Fall makes me want to live somewhere where you can actually see the leaves change colors, somewhere where the highs are in the 70's and somewhere where there are beautiful apple orchards. But I can still manage to get into the spirit of fall here in Texas where fall is just a milder form of summer!

Last weekend I decorated my porch!!! This was the highlight of my weekend. ( I know that is pretty sad.) ..... what can I say I am a sucker for decorating. ( on a budget that is!)





And now for the pigtails....... Ava's hair is finally long enough for pony tails. Isn't she cute. Now I just have to teach her how to sit still long enough to get them in.



She reminds me of the cute little girl from the movie Monsters Inc.!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is a real cutie...her hair is really a growin'...she is becoming a beautiful little girl...job well done kayla and david...GOD bless the aldape's...love grandma(mom)

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

She does look like Boo! How cute! I love the pigtails. She looks like a big girl!

The porch is super adorable too. Glad you found a great 'EARN'.

Love ya!
Sunshine

Anonymous said...

Beautiful decorations! This is my favorite time of year too. Ava keeps growing so fast. She's very cute in her pigtails!
Have a fabulous week.

Smile, Katie

Anonymous said...

WHAT A SWEET LITTLE GIRL! SHE IS S0000 BEAUTIFUL! KAYLYN LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE YOU KAY IN HER LIL BO PEEP COSTUME! LIKE THAT PIC OF U IN THE BIG DRESS AND UMBRELLA I THINK WHEN U WERE LIL. LOVE YOU ALL, AMBER