Sunday, September 21, 2008

We have BIG news!!!


We finally got Ava's ears pierced!!! I have been putting this off for..... well about a year now, and I finally got up the nerve to do this on Friday. I wish I had done this earlier because she is just so precious with her little earrings. The process went something like this......

We were out driving around Friday afternoon, running errands and I turned to David and said "hey lets go get her ears pierced."

David turned to me and said " that would make my day!!"

Side note: David has been wanting to do this for a very long time, and I have been the reluctant one. He is so precious about his little girl being a girly girl!

Anyway....... We went to the mall, and I knew that we better go in the entrance closest to the piercing place, because any extra travel time could give me time to make a run for it with my sweet little girl in tow.

We show up at the place, and I told the sweet girl behind the counter that we wanted to get our daughters ears pierced. ( AKA we are here to let you poke some holes in this precious girls ears and make her scream bloody murder.... I mean shots are bad enough but they are not optional. )

The girl looked at Ava and said " okay, well the second gunner just went to lunch, but she will be back in an hour." *** For those of you not familiar with ear piercing lingo, this means that there are two people doing the piercings at the same time to make this "less traumatic."

I said "oh.... okay well, maybe we will be back in a hour."

Okay when you decide to do something like this on the spur of the moment, the last thing you want to do is wait an hour to do it.

So we leave the store and proceed to walk around the mall for an HOUR!!! All the while I am making up all these scenarios in my head on what might happen to her if we pierce her ears... they might get infected, she might pull them out and swallow them, other kids might beat up on my already tiny child and pull them out of her ears...you get the point. But I continue to keep my composure and go with the plan that we are going back to the place in an hour.

I decided that it might be a good idea to have a tasty Sonic drink ( cranberry limeade ) ready for Ava, so we can offer it to her while she is screaming. ( I mean who wouldn't like a sonic drink after having 2 needles shoved through your ears ???)

Well, after all of this drama WE DID IT!!!! ( myself included!)

They pierced her ears, she screamed for maybe 30 seconds, and then was happy with her sonic drink. By the time we paid and got cleaning instructions she was smiling and waving bye to the sweet girls who just caused her pain!!!!

As we were leaving the mall I looked over to my sweet husband and he was pushing the stroller grinning from ear to ear. ( how sweet!)

Here are some more pictures of our big girl with her earrings.


Daddy's little princess!











6 comments:

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

I love her earrings! And they go great with her dress...wink, wink. She IS a princess....unlike her cousin Laney Rae who is the opposite of girly girl. I guess we need all shapes, sizes, and types to make our lives interesting don't we.

I think you guys are super awesome for getting her ears pierced. I'm a big ole' chicken when it comes to that.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh isn't she a cutie...LOVE the dimples...LOVE the new blog...LOVE you too, precious daughter...you are wonderful...and your little precious girl is following in her sweet momma's foot steps...what a great way too grow up with david and you leading her way...GOD bless you all...love grandma (mom)

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you Kayla! Her hair is so much longer than it was a couple of weeks ago. So precious, she is just growing up so fast! I love you Ava Joy (you too David and Kayla)!

Love,

Auntie J

Kirby said...

That's such a sweet story! And she looks just SO PRECIOUS with her earrings!

McKlayne got hers pierced 3 weeks ago...and I've gotten all kinds of comments...I don't think some people are too thrilled with the idea of babies getting their ears pierced, but I think they're adorable!

Grace said...

LOVE the earrings on your sweet baby girl. She's quite the little princess. I can't wait to see her again...she's changed so much since we last saw y'all. Love you guys!

texasmcvays said...

Ahhhh, she is such a bright light in our preschool room and now she has cute little bright ears to go along with the dazzling personality.
Kyle