Sunday, January 31, 2010

I {HEART} my Firefighter!

This past Thursday, my wonderful and amazing husband graduated from the Houston Fire Academy!

It was such a joy to watch this part of our lives unfold.

Like I have talked about before, this has been long awaited.

I am so proud and honored to serve a man who has sacrificially committed to this calling.

Earlier in the day, before the graduation ceremony, we got to watch David first hand in a fire demonstration.

My heart was filled with pride, while my eyes were filled with tears! .....Yes, it was a little scary for me.... BUT I know my husband has a passion for this.

.....Today .....Sunday......was his first day of work!! Crazy isn't it!

I awoke with him this morning at 4 am to see him off to work! I resisted the urge to take his picture all "uniformed" up!

......I am now on my journey of learning the steadfast faithfulness of our Father to see safety and provision over my husband!












4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very..very..proud for your sweet family..yes a new chapter and another road to be traveled down..GOD will be with ya'll every step of the way..one day at a time sweet JESUS..GOD blessings to all..love mom

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Tio! We are so excited about your new adventure and the passion the Lord has given you.

Being a Fire Fighter is the second best job in the world.....Jason would say. Ha! It truly is wonderful.

We will remember to pray for a hedge of protection over you as you go about your shifts.

Thanks for letting us be a part of your sweet lives. We love you guys!
Sunshine

Grace said...

David/Tio, we are so very proud of you. Proud that you are following the Lord, proud that you are putting Him first and then looking after your family, and proud that He has called you to such a honorable career.

We love you!

Love, Grace, Aaron & Johnathan

Chad and Jalah said...

Taking a day of sick leave left me some time to catch up on blogs. I am so excited for you guys and this new phase of your life! You have both worked so hard and I know that God is going to continue to bless you. I love you all and cannot wait to see what God has in store next for you! Congrats David!